Friday, April 5, 2013

We all will be old some day...

It has been too long since when I have not tried catching time to write here but today I felt to share one more experience.

The morning was as fresh as always has been on 5/4/13. The same preparation of lunch kit, a cool shower and then I climbed the bus and soon I was among my favorite crowd of students. The lab session it was when two old rather very old men came searching me. They were members of the old age home just opposite our college and were searching for some student. They had been told that I would be able to locate the students they were searching for. I did help them locate the student. Things were going great till I started talking to them.

They shared many things about them and their lives. One of them was from my district. All his family members had shifted to the USA but he was some how here in the old age home.We talked about my grandfather and his grand daughter. He was talking and talking with us and something was hurting hard in my eyes. My students showed a video which they captured when they visited the old age home as a part of their campaign. And sadness was crawling in my heart and soon the cloud cracked into rain. I cried a lot. I don't know why? but I cried. Very first time in my 8 year carrier I had tears on my work place. May be I remembered my "Dadu" who had enriched my life with all compassion and good virtues I carry today. Or may be I really felt bad about the situation, about the current state of elders and about the growing number of old age homes. I took permission to visit the old age home next day from my HOD.


I valued my family a little more then ever after this. I always want to do my niche for the suffering in the society. But I have concluded over the years that without money we cannot do any thing solid for the betterment of sufferers. It will take time to earn that amount but meanwhile there is a humble request to all the young readers that DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PARENTS ALONE. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN YOUR STRENGTH. HOWEVER THEY ARE, THEY ARE THE REASON BEHIND YOUR EXISTENCE. YOU ALL, WE ALL WILL BE OLD SOME DAY....

A lot more to pen...