Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sleepless Nights

Since a past few days I am coming across incidences that have raised the levels of compassion for my fellowmen dramatically. One of them I had jotted down in my last post. I am not able to sleep since a few nights as the thought of people spending their nights on the footpath keeps striking my mind. 

Just read an article on http://bhushan.quora.com/How-to-live-on-Rs-26-a-day-the-income-of-officially-poor-in-India. I would like to rewrite some question that the article poses:

"It disturbs us to spend money on most of the things that we now consider excesses. Do we really need that hair product or that branded cologne? Is dining out at expensive restaurants necessary for a happy weekend? At a larger level, do we deserve all the riches we have around us? Is it just plain luck that we were born into circumstances that allowed us to build a life of comfort? What makes the other half any less deserving of many of these material possessions, (which many of us consider essential) or, more importantly, tools for self-development (education) or self-preservation (healthcare)? "

Finally, early this morning I drove my car to a garden where I spent time with myself and thought how I can get rid of these sleepless nights. Seems soon I will discover the very cause of my life....will need wishes and lots of support soon...so that together we can make the world more worth living not for us but for ALL.

Lot more to pen...