Sunday, January 12, 2014

Unplugged

I never thought that I would deprive myself from facebook, wassap, emails, my phone, my laptop and my work place. These were so very necessary as the air I need to keep alive. But in the recent past my grand mother fell ill. We were told that she may leave us forever any time, any day...

It was very difficult to see a loved one die and leave forever in front of your eyes who actually wanted and deserved to live. For 15 long days we saw her in deteriorating health condition. It was then when I discovered that the things I felt so important were so worthless. And I unplugged myself and devoted all my time and feelings just for that person who had helped us grow and prosper. I discovered, she was much more important then the virtual relations that we strive for. I am fortunate enough to be with her during her last breathes which helped her detach smoothly. I took a long leave from the job which I have never done before. I really thank my senses for making a right decision and save me from a life long regret.

I got back and it's nearly two months now since my grandma left us...I cry out aloud still when I remember her. But life goes on and I am lucky to have a job that keeps me vibrant with the youth. I indulged into a new semester and subjects and got back to my plugged in life a little more than before to forget the sadness that surfaces now and then.

My studies regarding cyber security and laws unveiled so many different ways of misusing the online information. With great efforts after grandma I started having sound sleeps and now those efforts almost went in vein. I had sleepless nights thinking about the virtual world I have created around. And Finally one fine sleep deprived mid-night I cleaned up my entire web existence which was as pictures from my various life events. I am feeling so very light and private with the unplugged state of mine. Cannot completely unplug in the growing era of technology else I will be behind the ages and old :)

Learning: "Real is far more important than the virtual, Value it..And What all is virtual comes with a hidden danger, being safe is in our hands."